Sunday, October 21, 2007

Closing Teen Read Week

CG and I had a blast this week visiting high schools and the local library and Barnes & Noble. We even held a raffle at the Butte County Library where we gave away one copy each of “Love, Meg” and “Quad.” Congrats to Chrissi and Kathryn and special thanks to Joel Watson for selecting the winners! I’ll post some photos as soon as I can get Head Honcho up and at ‘em.

One of the things we talked about with the audience was a list of our favorite books but for CG and myself, our lists are only temporary. If you ask us five minutes from now, we might pick an entirely different set of ten. That’s how fluid our “favorites” are and if you check out my website, you’ll see that I have a huge list of favorite writers, all in different genres because there are just so many that I enjoy.

Which reminds me that I should update that list too…hey, thanks for making me do extra work on my day off.

Ah, who am I kidding? It’s not work and I never have a day off…


Okay, so here is CG’s List:

1. The Color Purple, Alice Walker
2. Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger
3. Seventeenth Summer, Maureen Daly
4. Feed, MT Anderson
5. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
6. Wringer, Jerry Spinelli
7. Inexcusable, Chris Crutcher
8. Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging, Louise Rennison
9. Fat Kid Rules the World, KL Going
10. Looking for Alaska, John Green

Boy, do I have some reading to do! Hey, I just noticed something and CG, you can tell me if you saw this too…of this list of ten, three of the authors use their first initials only -just like you! Is that a reason you are drawn to them?

Hmmm…the mystery deepens. Tomorrow, my list.

Your Hollywood connection,
Leigh