Monday, October 22, 2007

My List of 10 Favorite Books for TRW

Okay, this is the list I gave the audiences up in Chico but as I mentioned before, it can change AT ANY TIME! Tomorrow I might include some Steinbeck if I’m feeling classic or maybe some King or Koontz to get into the scary Halloween spirit.

You just never know…

1. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
2. Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson
3. Rules of the Road, Joan Bauer
4. Something Wicked This Way Comes, Ray Bradbury
5. Fade, Robert Cormier
6. White Oleander, Janet Fitch
7. The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
8. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
9. A Confederacy of Dunces, John Kennedy Toole
10. Elsewhere, Gabrielle Zevin

See, now I’m looking at this list and it’s reminding me of all sorts of other books I like, including other titles by these authors. For instance, I also love Adam’s “Dirk Gently” books and I love Anderson’s “Prom” and all of Bradbury and Cormier too.

I think the next list I put together will be favorites within genres, like sci-fi and horror and chick lit. Okay, more work to do. But first, a list of books-to-movies that I love. You’ll see that next. Because I am--

Your Hollywood connection,
Leigh