Friday, November 9, 2007

Kudos!

A few announcements please, if I can have your attention for a moment.

First of all, I heard yesterday that my friend and former co-worker, Michael Ferrari, has won the Delacorte Yearling Prize for his middle grade novel, "War Hawks." No schedule for publication yet but that's part of the prize. Congrats, Michael! I read this book several years ago and really enjoyed it so I'm doubly thrilled he will be getting published.
Second of all, some belated congrats to CG Watson, my very good friend and author of "Quad." Her book was nominated for both a Cybil award and an Edgar award! Yay, CG! She's already an ALA Quick Picks for 2007 so she's an old pro at the award stuff...:)

And third of all, well, I got a really awesome review yesterday from Book Divas. You can check it out here. Love the Book Divas! There's also a very cool interview with me in their blog.

(Can I say that without sounding too stuck up? I mean, I'm not the one who's cool - it's the interview that's cool.

Okay, think whatever you want...but check out http://www.bookdivas.com/ for other cool stuff.)

And fourth and final announcement: I've got some new celeb stuff on my website in the Lite Snacks pages. Come check that out too: http://www.leighpurtill.com/.

We return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Your Hollywood connection (yes I know I spelled Hollywood wrong yesterday),
Leigh