Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oh Mary! Oh Nostalgia!

Who can turn the world on with her smile...

Ah, Mary Tyler Moore. I love Mary. I feel so nostalgic watching her show, the early years when she had the big bouncy hair and was all, "Oh, Mr. Grant!" before she called him "Lou." I have the second season on DVD and I just finished watching it last night while Head Honcho was out doing his guy thing.

Who can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile...

Love that time, that guy time. I say, please, spend time with your friends and give me some time to myself to knit and watch MTM and The Closer and movies like Spirited Away and Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder. HH will begrudgingly watch those things with me but sometimes it's better when I do it on my own. I am definitely not one of those girls who thinks their guy needs to be with them 24/7 or if he's out, he should be with me. No sir. I have my own things to do, either in the house or outside. That's cuz I'm independent just like Mary.

Well it's you girl and you should know it. With each glance and every little movement you show it...

There are certain shows that take me down memory lane and even if they're not nearly as good as I remember them (e.g. I Dream of Jeannie, Get Smart), they still bring back warm fuzzies of being a kid or even watching them on Nick at Nite in the early years of cable.

Love is all around don't need to waste it. You can have the town, why don't you take it...

What shows are like that for you? I'll try to think of some more and make myself sadder.

You're gonna make it after all!

Your Hollywood connection,
Leigh