Sunday, December 9, 2007

8 Days of Sitcom-mas

It was not nearly as easy to come up with a top ten list of favorite Christmas episodes of comedies. It might have been easier if I could repeat myself, like with multiple episodes of Friends or The Simpsons. The fact is that most holiday episodes are lame. They end up being "VSE" (very special episodes) where people learn Life Lessons and everyone sings "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" or something nondenominational.

In other words, many comedies completely forget they're comedies.


So here are my Top 8 instead in no particular order:

1. The Simpsons - Bart accidentally burns down the tree when he gets up early to sneak a peek at his gifts and then blames a burglar
2. Bewitched - Samantha brings an orphan to the North Pole to convince him Santa is real
3. MASH - Hawkeye operates wearing a Santa costume
4. Mary Tyler Moore - Mary and the gang get snowed in at the office so Sue Ann makes an impromptu Christmas with food from her show
5. Bob Newhart Show - the group is snowed in (again with being snowed in!) and want to celebrate the holiday but Bob is desperate to get home to Emily so he walks home in the blizzard
6. Seinfeld - what else but the Festivus episode!
7. Happy Days - Fonzie is alone on the holiday so Richie invites him even though his father only wants the celebration to be family

8. Friends - Phoebe finds her father but decides she isn’t ready to meet him

I'm not sure about the dramas. I thought for sure this would be a piece of cake which makes me think dramas will be even harder. And you know I hate to do things that are difficult.

Hey, did you realize yesterday's post was number 100? I guess if you were counting them all or maybe using the column on the right hand side to add up all the posts in each month but I certainly didn't! So I guess that's a milestone of some sort. Yay!

Your Hollywood connection,
Leigh