Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Beatles Night Take 2

Once again, I was impressed with David Cook and his rendition of "Daytripper." I completely disagree with Simon that he was predictable. Of all of the performers last night, David C and possibly Syesha both understood the emotion behind the songs they sang. Syesha's "Yesterday" was not bad but then again, it's such a wonderful song, it's kind of hard to screw up.

Not so for Michael Johns (who continues to choose my very favorite Beatles songs and then screws them up!) and Brooke White, both of whom just sang the words and disregarded what was meant behind them. Does anyone think George Harrison was really singing about the joys of the sun? He was singing about love!

I really have no idea what Chikizie was trying to do with the harmonica but I liked him until he began to use it...fortunately he chose a song that was not well-known so there wasn't much to compare it to. As for the rest, I really didn't remember them and that's not good. Carly's "Blackbird" was okay but I'm not really a fan although I do dig the tattoos.

And I totally agree with Simon about Jason's performance: if it had been on the radio, I would have turned it off. He had absolutely no connection to that song. But because he's a charming cutie, he can get away with it.

I think bottom 3 tonight will be Kristy Lee, Ramiele, and Chikezie (just because the judges didn't get his perf). But I gotta say, I won't be surprised if Michael Johns is there. Sorry, mate.