Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Celebrity Sighting Among the Books!

As much as I want to, I can't count Dean Koontz or John Hodgman as bona fide celebrity sightings. I was in line to meet them at BEA and get their autograph so they're not real "sightings."

But toward the end of the day, I did actually spot a celebrity wandering around the floor of the smaller exhibit hall by himself: Evan Handler, the actor who recently fought leukemia and wrote a book about it called "It's Only Temporary." He also spoke at the LA Times Festival of Books a few months ago and although I didn't have time to stop to listen, I did hear a LOT of laughs coming from his session. Most people know him as Charlotte's husband Harry from Sex and the City, but HH and I loved him as Hurley's invisible friend, Dave, from LOST (hope he makes another appearance!!). Check out his extremely cool website...Evan Handler dot com.

So okay, I'm gonna mention this one more time because I'm so excited and because I would love to have people come by...on Thursday, June 5th, which is tomorrow, I will be at ThePageFlipper to do a LIVE chat!! See her website for more details and times and so on...and come armed with questions! I love all sorts of topics, except math, which I have recounted many, many times as the only class I ever failed in college.

Oh, I didn't tell you that?

Yes, it's true. I had a horrible experience in Calculus during my freshman year of college. I started out the semester well (having remembered my calculus from high school) but then completely floundered as things got more complicated. A Big Fat F. So sad.

Try not to think less of me...